System.NotImplementedException

Jan 12, 2010 at 1:54 PM
Edited Jan 12, 2010 at 1:54 PM

I am installing the Aug 09 edition of the reference implementation on a fully patched (through December 2009) Windows Server 2003 SP2, SQL Server 2005 SP3, MOSS 2007 SP2 system and received the above exception pointing at VSeWSS 1.3. 

The VSeWSS 1.3 Service is properly configured and verified via http://127.0.0.1:1378/SPService.svc.  I also verified it is part of all the required groups.

A search of the installation log file for the word error shows the following:

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\Microsoft.Common.targets : warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "System.Web.Silverlight". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.

Further down, I see the following:

CoreResGen:
  Processing resource file "Properties\Resources.resx" into "obj\Debug\Contoso.PartnerPortal.Promotions.Properties.Resources.resources".
FieldControls\WindowsMediaFieldControl.cs(22,21): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'SilverlightControls' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Web.UI' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
FieldControls\WindowsMediaFieldControl.cs(28,17): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'MediaPlayer' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Done Building Project "C:\download\microsoft\SharePointContosoRI\Source\PartnerPortal\Contoso.PartnerPortal.Promotions\Contoso.PartnerPortal.Promotions.csproj" (Rebuild target(s)) -- FAILED.
Done Building Project "C:\download\microsoft\SharePointContosoRI\Source\PartnerPortal\Contoso.PartnerPortal.sln" (rebuild target(s)) -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

I have Silverlight 3 installed, not Silverlight 2. 

Jan 12, 2010 at 7:13 PM

Hi Fmorriso,

it failed due to Silverlight Ref, since you have silverlight 3. can you open sources and update ref and try again.

thanks

Appaji

Jan 13, 2010 at 1:37 AM

The easiest thing for me to do was go download and install the Silverlight 2 SDK and install it side-by-side with all the existing Silverlight 3.0 stuff that I previously installed.  I haven't had a chance to try all the pieces and parts of the Reference Implementation out yet, so this may not be the end of the Silverlight-related issues I've encountered, but at least the install seems to have completed successfully.

Can anyone on the P&P team confirm what is the easiest way to get the August 2009 edition of this tool to work with Silverlight 3?

Feb 5, 2010 at 1:14 PM

For me installing the Silverlight 2.0 SDK from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=8D933343-038F-499C-986C-C3C7E87A60B3&displaylang=en was enough to resolve the error message. The biggest challenge was to find out that I had the same error message as you. (I had no Silverlight 3.0 installed).

fmorriso wrote:

I am installing the Aug 09 edition of the reference implementation on a fully patched (through December 2009) Windows Server 2003 SP2, SQL Server 2005 SP3, MOSS 2007 SP2 system and received the above exception pointing at VSeWSS 1.3. 

The VSeWSS 1.3 Service is properly configured and verified via http://127.0.0.1:1378/SPService.svc.  I also verified it is part of all the required groups.

A search of the installation log file for the word error shows the following:

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\Microsoft.Common.targets : warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "System.Web.Silverlight". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.

Further down, I see the following:

CoreResGen:
  Processing resource file "Properties\Resources.resx" into "obj\Debug\Contoso.PartnerPortal.Promotions.Properties.Resources.resources".
FieldControls\WindowsMediaFieldControl.cs(22,21): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'SilverlightControls' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Web.UI' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
FieldControls\WindowsMediaFieldControl.cs(28,17): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'MediaPlayer' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Done Building Project "C:\download\microsoft\SharePointContosoRI\Source\PartnerPortal\Contoso.PartnerPortal.Promotions\Contoso.PartnerPortal.Promotions.csproj" (Rebuild target(s)) -- FAILED.
Done Building Project "C:\download\microsoft\SharePointContosoRI\Source\PartnerPortal\Contoso.PartnerPortal.sln" (rebuild target(s)) -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

I have Silverlight 3 installed, not Silverlight 2.