Security Error when trying to deploy Training Management Application

Nov 5, 2009 at 2:19 PM

Hi,

I have installed VS2008 SP1 and VSeWSS1.3.

I have the latest version of the SharePoint Guidance. I have successfully installed the Contoso Partner Portal application. When I try to deploy the Training Management application I get the following:

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Tools.Reflection.ReflectionUtility.InvokeMethod(MethodBase method, Object instance, Object[] parameters)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Tools.Reflection.ReflectionUtility.InvokeGetProperty(Type type, String propertyName, Object instance)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Tools.SharePointProxies.SPProxy.InvokeGetProperty(String name)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Tools.SharePointProxies.SPWebProxy.get_Title()
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Tools.SharePointProxies.SPWebEntity.ConvertProxyToEntity(SPWebProxy proxy)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Tools.SharePointProxies.SPWebFacade.GetWeb(String url)
   at VSeWSS.Server.Services.SPService.GetWeb(String url)

Does anyone know what is going wrong?

James :-)

Nov 6, 2009 at 8:02 AM

Hi James,

It looks like VseWss1.3 Service Identity does not have access to Site Collection where you are trying to deploy Training Management.

Make sure VseWSS1.3 service Identity as member of Site Collection Administrators group(OR Proper permissions to deploy site), where you are training to deploy Solution. if you mentioned http://localhost in Training Management Project Properties then brose http://localhost and give proper permissions to service identity to deploy Training Management project.

Otherway to deploy Training Management :

1. Right click on Training Management Solution and Package

2. you will get setup.bat and wsp file in bin\debug folder of Training Management Project, run setup.bat (use  "Run as administrator")

let me know if you need more information regarding this.

Thanks

Appaji

Nov 9, 2009 at 8:50 AM

Thanks, adding the VSeWSS service identity to the site collection administrators worked a treat. I guess i should RTFM :)

James :-)