Lack of User Profile data

Sep 12, 2009 at 5:48 PM

I downloaded SPGv2 from MSDN and then installed it on my dev enviroment. When I login into http://servername:9002 with "ContosoPartner1User1", I get an exception said "PartnerId for the current user (ContosoPartner1User1) could not be found in user profile".

According to the exception information, I checked the user profile repository in ContosoSSP. There's no profile in the repository. I think this should be the reason caused that exception. I also checked "Details of the Installation Scripts" section in chm document, and found that there's no step that create user profiles for users.

Is this a bug? or I missed some steps in the installation? Should I create user profiles for users manually?

Thanks.

Sep 12, 2009 at 7:07 PM

After check the source code of "ContosoSetup" project and "12_AddNewPartner.bat" batch file, I used these 2 tools and added user profiles. Now it works fine.

Coordinator
Sep 14, 2009 at 9:36 PM

Sorry for the delay getting back to you.  Did you have any indication why the users didn't get provisioned in the first place?

As you discovered, this should have happened during the setup.

Thanks,

Chris

Oct 5, 2009 at 8:57 PM

Hi,

I have the same problem.

I am trying to get it to work for last 3 days. I noticed that 12_AddNewPartner.bat has not been called from ContosoSetup.bat. What am I missing?

Oct 6, 2009 at 4:39 AM

Hi Azolghadri,

12_addnewpartner.bat is used for adding new partner only, not for contososetup.bat. ContosoSetup.bat create profiles for contosopartner1user6 to contosopartner1user9 users for partner1 and same for partner2(contosopartner2user6 to contosoparnter2user9). Also it will create profile for current login user, who execute setup process.

I request you check profile exists for current login user and proper partnerid (Contosopartner1 or contosopartner2) OR you can login with contosoparnter1user6/contosopartner2user6 and use RI(http://localhost:9001).

Where to check Profiles :

1)  Open central admin

2)  Click ContosoSSP

3)  Click User profiles and properties

4)  Click View user profiles

Thanks

Appaji

Oct 6, 2009 at 7:12 PM

Thanks Appaji,

I reinstalled it again.

I can now access to the website with the win users.

I can access to all the web services.

I cannot login with FBA.

I can login to ContosoSSp with ContosoWinAdmin account, but I get Access Denied error when I click on “User Profiles and Properties” and “Profile Services Policies”.

Thanks,

-A.Z.

Sent: October 5, 2009 8:39 PM
To: Ali Zolghadri
Subject: Re: Lack of User Profile data [spg:68736]

Hi Azolghadri,

12_addnewpartner.bat is used for adding new partner only, not for contososetup.bat. ContosoSetup.bat create profiles for contosopartner1user6 to contosopartner1user9 users for partner1 and same for partner2(contosopartner2user6 to contosoparnter2user9). Also it will create profile for current login user, who execute setup process.

I request you check profile exists for current login user and proper partnerid (Contosopartner1 or contosopartner2) OR you can login with contosoparnter1user6/contosopartner2user6 and use RI(http://localhost:9001).

1) Open central admin

2) Click ContosoSSP

3) Click User profiles and properties

4) Click View user profiles

Thanks

Appaji

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (spg@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email spg@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Oct 6, 2009 at 9:37 PM

The reason that I could not login using FBA was that the connection string in the computername:9002 was pointing a SQL server instance (computername\OFFICESERVERS).

What is OFFICESERVER? I removed it and now the FBA works.

I can login to ContosoSSp with ContosoWinAdmin account, but I get Access Denied error when I click on “User Profiles and Properties” and “Profile Services Policies”.

Thanks,

-Ali

Sent: October 5, 2009 8:39 PM

Hi Azolghadri,

12_addnewpartner.bat is used for adding new partner only, not for contososetup.bat. ContosoSetup.bat create profiles for contosopartner1user6 to contosopartner1user9 users for partner1 and same for partner2(contosopartner2user6 to contosoparnter2user9). Also it will create profile for current login user, who execute setup process.

I request you check profile exists for current login user and proper partnerid (Contosopartner1 or contosopartner2) OR you can login with contosoparnter1user6/contosopartner2user6 and use RI(http://localhost:9001).

1) Open central admin

2) Click ContosoSSP

3) Click User profiles and properties

4) Click View user profiles

Thanks

Appaji

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (spg@discussions.codeplex.com)

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Oct 7, 2009 at 2:20 PM
Edited Oct 7, 2009 at 2:23 PM

Hi Ali,

MOSS installs OfficeServers instanace and it will use for sharepoint. if you dont have OfficeServers instance then you can edit contososetup to use existing SQL server instance.

Regarding user profiles: 

SSP administrators can view the SSP Home page and some configuration options, but many of the personalization management tasks are only available to administrators that have additional permissions. These additional configuration tasks include:

• Managing permissions.

• Managing user profiles.

• Managing audiences.

• Managing portal usage for personalization.

By default, the account that was used to install Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 on the server has all of these permissions. This account can be used to delegate permissions to other users.

you need to allow contosowinadmin to view/modify user profiles. you can perform steps mention at technet(http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc263073.aspx#section1) to allow contosowinadmin to manage profiles.

Thanks

Appaji

Oct 7, 2009 at 9:20 PM

Thanks for reply Appaji.

Everything is now working ;-)

Cheers,

-Ali

Sent: October 7, 2009 6:20 AM

Hi Ali,

MOSS installs OfficeServers instanace and it will use for sharepoint.

Regarding user profiles:

SSP administrators can view the SSP Home page and some configuration options, but many of the personalization management tasks are only available to administrators that have additional permissions. These additional configuration tasks include:

· Managing permissions.

· Managing user profiles.

· Managing audiences.

· Managing portal usage for personalization.

By default, the account that was used to install Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 on the server has all of these permissions. This account can be used to delegate permissions to other users.

you need to allow contosowinadmin to view/modify user profiles. you can performs steps mention at technet(http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc263073.aspx#section1) to allow contosowinadmin to manage profiles.

Thanks

Appaji