Install/Setup issues with both v1 and v2, please help?

Apr 28, 2009 at 4:50 AM
I've been pounding my head against the wall for a couple of days now, so I thought I'd try out a post here. I recently became aware of the spg project and I'm very interested in v2 for WCM/Publishing guidance.

First question: Is v1 required to be installed before installing a recent v2 drop (e.g. drop 8)?
If so, I gather that I will need to uninstall VSeWSS 1.3 and install 1.2 instead in order to get spg v1 installed. Has anyone had success with v1 and VSeWSS 1.3?

I'm currently trying to install v1 on Server 2008 with VSeWSS 1.2 and have worked through a couple of issues, but now I'm stuck again. I gave up on installing v2, as I'm guessing v1 is a prerequisite.
Here is my latest error while trying to deploy the Contoso.TrainingManagement project:
Error    102    Error: Cannot find this file specified in the manifest file: Contoso.TrainingManagementSiteElements\Contoso.TrainingManagementSiteElements\elementManifest.xml        0    0    
If anyone would be willing to help me get this up and running I'd be most appreciative.

Thanks!

Developer
Apr 28, 2009 at 10:30 PM
v1 is not required to be installed before v2.

v1 does not work with VSeWSS 1.3 yet. That is a bug we will fix.

if we want to use v1 now, you have to install VSeWSS 1.2

Apr 29, 2009 at 7:04 AM
With that information I tried v2 again, but this time with the most recent VSeWSS 1.3 CTP.
I had an earlier 1.3 CTP (build 307) before I uninstalled it to try v1 with VSeWSS 1.2.

So, now with the most recent VSeWSS 1.3 - Success!

Thank you!