I could really use some help getting this to work.

Apr 22, 2009 at 1:47 AM
Wow.  I've been on this pretty much all day and I still don't have spgv1 up and running.  I can't get the package built to deploy it.  I thought I was getting close with VSeWSS1.3 but then someone said to uninstall that and use VSeWSS1.2 and that put things right back where they were.  I would love to learn what is going on here if anyone is willing to help point me in the right direction. 

I keep getting this error when I attempt to deploy:  1 Error: Cannot find this file specified in the manifest file: ContosoTrainingManagementSiteElements\ContosoTrainingManagementSiteElements\feature.xml  0 0 

Apr 22, 2009 at 10:43 PM
Hi Jxs0900

Sorry you are having issues.

Just note, SPG v1 has NOT been refactor to work VSeWSS 1.3.  Please install VSeWSS 1.2 for SPG v1.

With that understanding, the error you posted sounds as if you installed VSeWSS1.2.  And then the SPG v1 packages know contain 1.3 and 1.2 elements and the SPG v1 will keep failing.

The best way out of this pain is to clean the box and start over. 
    1st.  Is to completely remove SPG v1.  
    2nd. I assume you have VSeWSS 1.2 installed and not 1.3.. If you don't think you have clean installed un-install VSeWSS and re-install VSeWSS 1.2  Then 
    3rd   Reinstall SPG v1. 

The big pain you have been having is the conflicts with VSeWSS 1.3.

thanks,

Larry
Apr 23, 2009 at 5:48 AM
Thank you Larry!  I didn't have a chance to get back to it today but I'm certain you are right.  I started working on some custom content types and a custom workflow for our standards committee to submit and approve development standards with today and I kept having trouble with WSP giving me similar problems with what I was having with the SPGv1.   I obviously have a lot more to learn about the SharePoint packaging and deployment process (along with everything else).  This process and guidance is really helpful though.  I'm really starting to get a grasp on what direction to go and why.  It can be really overwhelming sometimes too.  So much new technology and so little time......

Thanks again