Contoso.TrainingManagement deploy error

Mar 19, 2009 at 9:17 AM
Edited Mar 19, 2009 at 9:18 AM
Hi guys I've downloaded the solution and am following the getting started process.

I get an error when trying to deloy Contoso.TrainingManagement

Error: Cannot find this file specified in the manifest file: ContosoTrainingManagementSiteElements\ContosoTrainingManagementSiteElements\elementManifest.xml

I'm running WSS 3.0 on Windows Server 2008. Can anyone help me with this ?
Thanks a lot
Steve
Coordinator
Mar 24, 2009 at 12:22 AM
Are you using an SPG v2 drop? Or are you using the final bits for SPG v1 (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=C3722DBA-6EE7-4E0E-82B5-FDAF3C5EC927&displaylang=en)?

If you want to walk through the v1 guidance, I'd look at the final v1 bits. If you are trying to look at the v2 guidance, there are different system requirements (MOSS).
Mar 25, 2009 at 10:06 AM
I did download the latest v2 version.
v1 works fine.
Thanks
Coordinator
Mar 25, 2009 at 11:07 PM
Good. Are you still getting the error above?
-Francis
Mar 26, 2009 at 9:15 AM
Yeah v1 works fine, no errors.

Although the doc file of v2 still states wss3.0 as system requirement
Jan 14, 2010 at 1:34 AM
Edited Jan 14, 2010 at 1:34 AM

Hi There: 

I have download the v2 from msdn. I am getting the below error while deploy the Contoso.TrainingManagement. 
Cannot find this file specified in the manifest file: ContosoTrainingManagementSiteElements\ContosoTrainingManagementSiteElements\elementManifest.xml

I have vs2008, moss2007

Thanks

Jan 20, 2010 at 11:45 AM

Hi pqopal,

I am unable to repro this error, do you have VseWss1.3 installed on your pc. can you make sure you are able to compile successfully then try to deploy.

Thanks

Appaji

Jan 20, 2010 at 7:35 PM

Hello,

I just downloaded V2 from msdn and I am getting a cryptography error during the build process - the temporay.snk file  is missing.

Is there a way to create a .snk file?

Jan 20, 2010 at 9:08 PM

I am also getting this same error:

Error: Cannot find this file specified in the manifest file: ContosoTrainingManagementSiteElements\ContosoTrainingManagementSiteElements\elementManifest.xm

Jan 20, 2010 at 9:20 PM
Edited Jan 20, 2010 at 9:23 PM

Hope this link help you ;)

http://blogs.msdn.com/alikl/archive/2007/04/16/adding-shared-snk-file-in-visual-studio-2005.aspx

Sent: Thursday, 21 January 2010 7:36 AM
To: Prabakaran Gopal
Subject: Re: Contoso.TrainingManagement deploy error [spg:50619]

Hello,

I just downloaded V2 from msdn and I am getting a cryptography error during the build process - the temporay.snk file is missing.

Is there a way to create a .snk file?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (spg@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email spg@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Please consider the environment before printing this email.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Issued by Health Super Pty Ltd (ABN 97 084 162 489, AFSL No. 246492) as Trustee of the Health Super Fund (ABN 88 293 440 675).

This email and any files transmitted with are confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not disclose or use the content of this information. If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately by return email and delete the document and all attachments. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender�s, not Health Super, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Health Super.

Jan 20, 2010 at 10:03 PM
svappaji77 wrote:

Hi pqopal,

I am unable to repro this error, do you have VseWss1.3 installed on your pc. can you make sure you are able to compile successfully then try to deploy.

Thanks

Appaji

Hi Appaji:

It works for me, but now  Iam getting below error

2010/01/21 09:57:08    Error
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Error: Cannot find this file specified in the manifest file: Contoso.AccountingManagement.dll
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Tools.Reflection.ReflectionUtility.InvokeMethod(MethodBase method, Object instance, Object[] parameters)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Tools.Reflection.ReflectionUtility.InvokeMethod(Type type, String methodName, Object instance, Object[] parameters)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Tools.SharePointProxies.SPProxy.InvokeMethod(String name, Object[] parameters)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Tools.SharePointProxies.SPSolutionCollectionProxy.Add(String path)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Tools.SharePointProxies.SPSolutionFacade.AddSolution(String url, String solutionFilePath, Boolean solutionContainsWebApplicationResource)
   at VSeWSS.Server.Services.SPService.AddSolution(String url, String solutionFilePath, Boolean solutionContainsWebApplicationResource)

9:59 AM 1/21/2010

Jan 20, 2010 at 10:04 PM

pgopal - thanks I finally figured that out :)

Did you find any solution to this error:

Error: Cannot find this file specified in the manifest file: ContosoTrainingManagementSiteElements\ContosoTrainingManagementSiteElements\elementManifest.xml

I did a lot of reserach and basically the elementManifest file is missing.

1)Does anyone have an elementManifest.xml for the training module on their machine? If you do, can you post what  you have in the file. The manifest beign referenced is the one located in this path:

Contoso.TrainingManagement.RI\Contoso.TrainingManagement\pkg\ContosoTrainingManagementSiteElements

2)Does anyone know how to build that type file from scratch? 

Thanks,

RZ

Jan 20, 2010 at 10:28 PM

no, i still get the below error,

2010/01/21 09:57:08    Error
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Error: Cannot find this file specified in the manifest file: Contoso.AccountingManagement.dll
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Tools.Reflection.ReflectionUtility.InvokeMethod(MethodBase method, Object instance, Object[] parameters)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Tools.Reflection.ReflectionUtility.InvokeMethod(Type type, String methodName, Object instance, Object[] parameters)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Tools.SharePointProxies.SPProxy.InvokeMethod(String name, Object[] parameters)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Tools.SharePointProxies.SPSolutionCollectionProxy.Add(String path)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Tools.SharePointProxies.SPSolutionFacade.AddSolution(String url, String solutionFilePath, Boolean solutionContainsWebApplicationResource)
   at VSeWSS.Server.Services.SPService.AddSolution(String url, String solutionFilePath, Boolean solutionContainsWebApplicationResource)

9:59 AM 1/21/2010

Jan 20, 2010 at 11:15 PM
Edited Jan 21, 2010 at 11:52 AM

I was finally able to deploy and the template showed up on my SharePoint Site. I created a site and selected the Contoso Training Management template. . After site was created, there was an error:

problem with definition of the TrainingCourseDifficultyLevelfield, remove the field.

It did create the site, but when I try to go to the site, I am getting a 404 error (page not found).Not sure why this would happen. I am assuming that the error caused the site to not be

'fully' created.

Can anyone help me out on that?

Jan 21, 2010 at 12:14 PM

still having the listed above with the TrainingCourseDifficultyField.

I noticed that my build some warnings for schema  information:

could not find schema information for the element "http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/:Receiver

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Jan 25, 2010 at 12:33 PM

Hi,

I guess you might have some template with same ID what Training Management is using(Template Name="CONTOSOTRAINING" ID="99999"). I suggest you change Training Management Template ID to 99998 and Deploy again.

After successfull deploy solution then try to create sites with contoso template.

Thanks

Appaji