Deploying ASPXes

Oct 28, 2008 at 2:53 PM
Hi,
I am quite new to SharePoint and I am trying to add ASPX-files to my solution. I have found very nice step by step guidances on other methods (for example Chris Johnson's) but they all lack the neat linking to a Web Application project (thus gaining the autogeneration of designers code behinds). The CHM shipped with P&PSG is a bit too brief on the subject and I don't quite manage to set up the link-thingie from the module to the Web Application.
Could you please elaborate on how to create the ASPX+CS+Link files?
1. How is the actual link file created? I removed the sample.txt from the module and added a webform to the web application and change the namespace and inherits attributes (and removed the codebehind attribut) but nothing happens. I even crossed my fingers...

Please assist!
Oct 28, 2008 at 3:53 PM
Hello,

Are you referring to this topic?: How to: Perform ASP.NET-Related Development with Visual Studio extensions for Windows SharePoint
Would you like this how to to be a little bit more detailed?

You are almost there.
You just need to right-click the folder for the new module in the VSeWSS project and select Add > Existing Item...
Then navigate to the ASPX file in the other project and click the little drop down on the Add button and select "Add As Link".

This will add the aspx file to the module and compile the code as part of the VSeWSS project. You should see the little shortcut arrow as part of the file icons.

Let us know if you are still having trouble.

Thanks
Oct 29, 2008 at 7:45 AM
Super!
Thanks, that was exactly what was missing.
Sorry about the newbie question, but there's always a first time.