Error 1 The debug settings are not valid. Error Deploying TrainingManagement.RegistrationApproval project

Aug 22, 2008 at 12:58 PM
Error 1 The debug settings are not valid. Restart the SharePoint Workflow Project Setup Wizard to enter the settings again.  

I get this error when attempting to deploy the p&p TrainingManagement.RegistrationApproval project.  I then attempt to click the SharePoint Debug Setting... when I right click on the project, but it crashes Visual Studio.  Anybody else have this problem? Ideas?

Thanks,
Mike Fisher
Aug 22, 2008 at 7:13 PM
[Mike] Anybody else have this problem? Ideas?

Last time I installed the guidance drop I ran into a number of issues; mostly because I didn't know what I was doing ;)  This time I followed the steps, pretty much verbatim, and discovered that there was an actual "Debug Settings" menu option upon right click of the project - I was manually setting everything in the project properties box - which brings me to my idea;  I blog about my adventures HERE and found that when you set the properties manually (don't use the wizard) that SharePoint will give you comprehensive messages.   As you will see from the referenced blog (I give screenshots) SharePoint tells me exactly what the problem is.  

Perhaps this might help you?

Aug 26, 2008 at 2:07 PM
Bill,  Thanks for your suggestion, however, I get the error when I right click on the project and click "Debug Settings".  That is the issue I was hoping someone could help resolve.  Any ideas why Visual Studio would crash when I click on the "Debug Settings" menu option?
Mike
Developer
Aug 26, 2008 at 6:39 PM
Edited Aug 26, 2008 at 6:40 PM
I don't believe anyone on our team has seen the error described above. But we're changing the way we package and deploy the workflow in our next drop. Our next drop will no longer require you to do a separate deploymnet for workflow. The workflow will be packaged as part of our site definition wsp so only one deployment will be required. Also the association will automatically occur as well. I hope this will allow you to get around the issue you're seeing. Please keep an eye out for our next drop.