Latest drop - minor notes

Aug 21, 2008 at 11:48 PM
Edited Aug 22, 2008 at 2:36 AM

Ran into a very strange behavior - all of the "Run" unit test features were disabled with VS2008 Professional.  Oddly, all I had to do was create a new test project and then all "Run" commands (buttons/menu) enabled.  I deleted the newly created test project and everything remained enabled - I could run all unit test (everything passed).

Understanding that the documentation / project is under construction.  I wanted to note "minor" stuff I ran into during the installation of the latest drop. 

Compile fails for TrainingManagementWithUnitTest - Typemock not found.   I installed the "recent" OpenSource release of TypeMock; I had to update all of the references to TypeMock so that it's "Specific Version" was set to false. 

Compile error for TrainingManagement.SiteDefinition\pkg\manifest.xml - "access denied".  I removed the readonly attribute.  Typically I'll see this when I remove projects from source control (as I did with this one to load it) but this file was not included in project??  

Compiles with no problems.  I followed the steps provided by the Releases tab and all went smoothly up to step 12.  In my inexperience step 12 had no meaning to me

I went to the docs and was glad to see the "Installing the Training Training Management Application" page had content :)  The "to associate the workflow with the registration list" was exactly what I needed.

• Stumbled slightly on step 5.  There is no RegistrationApprovalWorkflow option - I selected Workflow (seemed logical).
  • Step 9 notes to "Click OK" - momentarily reviewed where I was at to ensure I was in the right place - clicked [Next] and knew I was in the right place when I hit "Customize Workflow page" - I clicked cancel.

Step 10 (top section) of this page only has us placing the AccountingManagement.dll and HRManagement.dll in the GAC - those of us playing in the drops may go to this page, versus the release instructions, and miss the other (new) assemblies that have to be placed in the GAC. 

Developer
Aug 22, 2008 at 3:57 PM
thanks for pointing out those issues. we're trying to keep up with the documentation and instructions quickly enough to keep up with the changes in our codebase. when we wrote the unit tests with type mock, we were using version 4.3. we'll consider upgrading to 5 and verify that all our unit tests are still valid.