Installation - clarification for steps

Aug 1, 2008 at 1:30 AM

I am new to SharePoint development (assume nothing ;)

Step 3:  In Visual Studio, go to the properties of the Training Management project and, in the Debug section, specify the URL of the SharePoint site collection to deploy the project.

I am using Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition on Windows Server 2008.   The project's properties on the debug tab have the following options (that can accept a URL):

Start Action: Start external program
Start Action: Start browser with URL
Working Directory:

Specifically where am I supposed specify the URL of the SharePoint site collection?   Just want to make sure that I should not be seeing a "deploy" option somewhere..

5. In Visual Studio, right click on the Training Management workflow project and specify the same SharePoint URL to deploy the workflow to. (Do not automatically associate the workflow.)

I have the following 4 projects in the TrainingManagement solution :

1. AccountingManagement
  2. HRManagement
  3. TrainingManagement
  4. TrainingManagement.RegistrationApproval

Am I missing something in regards to the Training Management workflow project?   Assumption is that the TrainingManagementRegistrationApproval project is what was intended but want to make sure...

Looks like a great time to be starting SharePoint development!  I installed the VSeWSS 1.2 the other day and watched the webcast - within a few minutes I had a Hello World webpart :) 

Aug 4, 2008 at 5:03 PM

We have incorporated your feedback into our installation instructions.

Thank you for your feedback.