SharePoint Guidance & BCS

Nov 30, 2010 at 2:08 PM

Hi,

I'm trying to use the Microsoft.Practices.SharePoint.Common.dll for logging. I do this in my BCS project, it's a table of an OracleDB that I want to view in an external list.
Everything works fine, but when I want to log something I get the following error:

'Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Practices.SharePoint.Common, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ef4330804b3c4129' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.'.

Somebody has a solution or a way to come to it?
Tnx in advance :-)
Grtz
Vandeput

Dec 1, 2010 at 4:59 PM

the error meessage tells me that the Microsoft.Practices.SharePoint.Common.DLL is not installed in the GAC of your machine. there are two ways to fix it if that is your cases.

Method 1 (preferred) When you create your wsp project, you need to add the following two DLLs to the wsp package

Microsoft.Practices.SharePoint.Common.dll

Microsoft.Practices.ServiceLocation.dll

Then you have to rebuld your WSP and uninstall/reinstall your wsp so that the above DLLs get GACed in all of your WFEs.

2) Method 2.

Manually GAC those two DLLs in all of your WFEs.

Hanz

Dec 2, 2010 at 6:18 AM

Hi Hanz,

The strange thing is when I go and look in the GAC the dll's ars there!

Now when I deploy the dll's in an other solution where I also use them, IT WORKS!

So I may think it's a version problem, but I get the dll's of the same location of my disk in the 2 projects...

If a find the solution I will post it here.

Tnx for your help :-)

Christophe