Installing the SharePoint Guidance
- Windows Server 2003 or later
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 (Note: The MSDN documentation and CHM file incorrectly state that .NET Framework 3.0 SP1 is a minimum requirement.)
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 development system (any of the following editions):
- Standard Edition
- Professional Edition
- Team Edition for Software Developers
- Team Edition for Software Testers
- Team Edition for Software Architects
- Team System
To run the unit tests you must have either Professional, Team System, or one of the Team Editions. For larger development groups, Team System is recommended.
- Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
- Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Tools: Visual Studio 2008 Extensions, version 1.2. VSeWSS provides tools for developing custom SharePoint applications that include the Visual Studio project templates, the SharePoint solution generator and F5 deployment
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007
- SharePoint Server 2007 SDK
- Microsoft Office 2007, including InfoPath
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Designer 2007
- TypeMock 5.0 is required to run unit tests
Use the following steps to install the SharePoint Guidance:
|Note: If you are in the evaluation stage, and you only want to review the documentation you do not need to download the prerequisites or install the full package.
Download and run the latest drop of the SharePoint Guidance
|Note: The installer is just a self-extractor that copies the source files and documentation to the destination folder.
SharePoint Guidance EULA
- 2. Read and accept the SharePoint Guidance EULA. To do this select Yes from the Installer splash screen.
Destination folder dialog
- 3. Select the destination folder where you want to extract the guidance and then select
OK to extract the files.
After the extraction process completes, you will find the guidance in the folder you selected.